- London labour and the London poor by Henry Mayhew. A four-volume publication describing in great detail, life in London in the 19th century. NOTE: If you have trouble obtaining copies of these volumes, it has been digitised. Click here for a digital version of Volume 1, as well as other publications on life in London in the 19th century.
- Fate of the artful dodger : Parkhurst boys transported to Australia and New Zealand 1842-1852 by Paul Buddee Perth, W.A. St George Books, 1984.
- The convict ships 1787-1868 by Charles Bateson. Sydney, N.S.W. Library of Australian History, 1983.
- The intolerable hulks: British shipboard confinement, 1776-1857 by Charles Campbell. Tucson, Ariz. Fenestra Books, 2001.
- Pack of thieves? : 52 Port Arthur lives by Hamish Maxwell-Stewart and Susan Hood. Port Arthur, Tas. Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority, 2001.
- Old Bailey Online A comprehensive website providing trial proceedings of the Old Bailey in London.
- What are our basic needs? Click here for details of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.