Below you will find additional resources for conducting research into the issues relating to David Hoy.
Please note some of the items may take a few moments to download depending on the speed of your connection.
- A harbour large enough to admit a whole fleet : the maritime history & archaeology of Port Arthur, editors Richard Tuffin, Greg Jackman, Julia Clark. Port Arthur, Tas. Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority, 2004.
- Sarah Island penal settlements 1822-33 and 1846-7 by Ian Brand. Launceston: Regal Publications, 1990.
- Closing hell's gates: the death of a convict station by Hamish Maxwell-Stewart. Crows Nest, N.S.W.: Allen & Unwin, 2008.
- What is mutiny? Watch Mutiny on the Bounty a film depicting a mutiny at sea.
- Bound for Botany Bay : impressions of transportation and convict life by J.D. Shearer ; with an introduction by Olaf Ruhen. Dee Why West, N.S.W. Summit, 1976.
- Goods, convicts, free passengers and livestock were shipped into and out of ports in Tasmania including Port Arthur. Check the books Shipping Arrivals and Departures, Tasmania (volumes I and II by Ian Nicholson, and volume III by Graeme Broxam) for cargo lists.